The best golf resorts in the United States, Europe, Mexico and the Caribbean may be your choice for your next vacation. Make it a train-and-play golf holiday! So many package holidays are available to make your journey much more than a break from your routine. A golf vacation will be a hands-on experience of improving your golf game, enjoying a phenomenally peaceful and luxurious setting and visiting another state or country! This planning guide refers to some of the top rated golf resorts in the world.
Whether you ultimately book for yourself or through an experienced golf travel specialist, you can begin your research online where you can find premium golf courses and travel deals. Rates, facilities at the resort and golf course details are available. But look further for the packages that include airfare, hotel stays and green fees to get your best value. The typical Golf Resort Vacation package includes most of these features:
- holiday village
- Confirmed Tee Times
- Prepaid green fees
- Shared shopping cart for 18 holes
- Equipment rental
- Golf lessons
- Meals at exclusive restaurants
- Transfers to the course
- Transfers to the airport
- All taxes and service fees
Golf courses are planned in lovely surroundings where you can take in the sea breeze or view of lush vegetation and you can combine golf with other resort facilities to provide a rounded holiday.
Try for example. One of the many glamorous Club Med Golf Resorts with beautiful fairways in the most unforgettable, welcoming places around the world. Club Med offers offers including the best equipment and golf lessons for all levels! Its locations include Cancun, Mexico as well as Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. Other locations span the world: Turks and Caicos, Mauritius, Portugal, France, Italy, Brazil, Thailand, Morocco, Egypt, Senegal and in the US – Sandpiper Bay, Florida.
Scotland has some of the most beautiful golf courses in the world and there are about 100 resorts, called "golf hotels", among the 500 plus golf courses across the country. Best known are Turnberry, Gleneagles and The Old Course Hotel St. George Andrews. Each of these has a spa, leisure facilities, excellent restaurants and "golf lessons" packages for all levels.
Mexico has several golf resorts located in luxurious coastal resorts. There are golf resorts in Cancun, Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta and Los Cabos. Mexico also has its championship Baja version of California's famous "Pebble Beach" golf facility, called Bajamar, just a few hours & # 39; drive from San Diego in Ensenada.
In the United States, check online for some of the golf resorts suggested by key magazines such as Golf Links & # 39; s that publish The top 100 golf courses in the United States. This number ranks the best out of more than 21,000 public and private golf courses across the country. Within the hundred courses, however, you want to search for resorts with package programs and golf lessons. Among the top hundred you will find that the most important vacation destinations with golf resorts are in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, South Carolina and Texas. Let's review these modes for their best locations:
- In sunny, always-temperate Florida, Club Med Sandpiper Bay Golf Academy offers 2-day and 3-day golf courses. The academy includes all aspects of the game, such as Chipping, Putting, Bunker, Pitching and Lob Shot, Full Swing with Iron and Woods. There is a video that analyzes your swing, as well as an optional video that compares your swing with a pro player. The area in and around Miami also has regional golf resorts for vacation all year round. Each resort offers on-site facilities and services, both on and off the course, and minutes away from major Miami attractions such as South Beach and Miami MetroZoo. You have many options for a golf vacation here.
- Arizona has a climate suitable for many months of the year, and Scottsdale has nearly 200 golf courses, many with the picturesque backdrop of the Sonoran Desert. It is a golf destination with golf schools and pro shops. Here, many resorts offer high quality accommodation and championship golf courses. Most golf resorts offer packages where hotel guests can have discounted green fees. In addition, Sedona, Arizona, offers numerous golf resorts with a mild year-round climate and spectacular red-rock scenic views.
- In California, Pebble Beach has been known to be a small coastal golf destination located in beautiful Monterey County. It is home to the prominent Pebble Beach Golf Links, Pebble Beach Lodge and the prestigious Inn at Spanish Bay. Each year, golfers return to rub shoulders with golfers and experience nature at its finest on the magnificent golf course laid out by leading golf course designers. The harmony of golf layouts and the majestic coast is incredibly inspiring!
- Another golfer's paradise is conveniently located along the South Atlantic coast at Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. It combines world-class natural beauty and golf on a barrier island 12 miles long and five miles wide. Nicklaus, Palmer and other golf legends have often played these championship courses. Since the first course opened at Sea Pines in 1961, there are now emerald links in Harbor Town and excellent courses in Bluffton as the Hilton Head area has become a major golf center. It is legendary for its spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, scenic marshes and maritime forests with abundant wildlife. The year-round temperate climate and sunshine also make Hilton Head Island the perfect place to relax.
- Las Vegas, Nevada, quietly appears as one of the US & # 39; fastest growing golf destinations amidst the glitz and glamor of its casinos. The city's large convention center and countless hotel rooms make it a natural oasis for major golfing events. With year-round sunshine and mild temperatures and plenty to do after a full day of playing golf from games to watching entertaining shows, this golf destination will continue to grow.
- CNN ranked Austin, Texas as the No. 1 city for golf on its Golf.com of 2010. Framed by Texas Hill Country, Austin's golf courses are among the best in the United States. The region is highlighted by the Wolfdancer Golf Club, named No. 56 in Golfweek & # 39; s top 100 golf courses in 2009. In addition to being a fantastic modern music city and home to many celebrities, Austin vacationing golfers offer a fantastic barbecue, an idyllic year-round climate and luxury accommodations.
Your best package deal will be at all-inclusive resorts where flights, lodging, meals and golf activities are rolled out at a cost. On the other hand, consider traditional hotels and resorts at the suggested locations. With a little online planning, one of the finest golf resorts in the world may be your affordable choice. Enjoy the location, exploration of the region as you improve your golf game and provide a happy, rounded vacation to your family and loved ones!
(c) Elizabeth McMillian 2012